Playful Child Protection Strategies
On a daily basis, child protection social worker must talk with young children about very difficult subjects but often are not adequately prepared for this important task. Integrating child play therapy approaches with my extensive experience working with children care, this one-day, skills-based workshop will provide child protection social workers with specific tools to assess and to communicate with at-risk children or children in care.
Specific training topics that may be offered:
- Developing a brief case of portable, yet playful, child assessment tools
- Explaining protection concerns and parental problems in a child sensitive manner
- Helping children understand and express feelings
- Teaching children emotional regulation skills
- Reducing children’s confusion in the aftermath of child protection and criminal investigations