Assessing and Treating Children with Sexual Behavior Problems
This day long workshop is designed to increase children’s mental health and child welfare professionals understanding of children under 12 sexually harming other children and to provide specific skills to assess and address this important problem.
Specific training topics that may be offered:
- Understanding what causes different types of sexualized behavior problems
- Differentiating between normative and concerning child sexual behaviors
- Helping these children to understand and manage their behaviors and regain integrity
- Assessing the risk and developing family safety plans
- Working with parents and guardians to help extinguish concerning behaviors