Conducting Victim Sensitive Criminal Investigations
This workshop is designed to assist police investigators to understand the dynamics of child sexual abuse and increase their sensitivity to children’s experiences of investigations.
Specific training topics that may be offered:
- Understanding the sexual victimization process & why children may delay disclosure
- Identifying typologies of sexual offenders & motivators for sexual offending
- Recognizing how children are impacted by child sexual abuse
- Minimizing child victim’s distress during the criminal investigation process
- Explaining the importance of child victim treatment to families
Understanding and engaging non-implicated parents as partners in the investigation.